George Walford: Announcements
HAS UTOPIA A FUTURE?
Conference at Conway Hall, Sunday 12 July, 11 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Speakers and papers will include: Rod Hackney, President of the R.I.B.A. on “Community Architecture.”
Christopher Hampton on “Blake and the New Jerusalem.”
Steve Coleman on “Utopia and Impossibility.”
Michael Raptis on “Socialism and Utopia.”
Ellis Hillman on “Subterranean Utopias.”
For further details, registration; The Secretary, South Place Ethical Society, [address].
SCIENCE FICTION AND ITS APPLICATIONS
Discussion Meeting, organised by the International Science Policy Foundation and the Science Fiction Foundation.
Burgh House, [address], from 14.00 to 17.30 on Thursday 9 July.
CHAIRMAN: Dr.Maurice Goldsmith (ISPF)
SPEAKERS: Duncan Lunan, Alice Coleman, Tim Kindberg, David Brin, John Clute.
Discussion will follow each talk. Tickets £3.50 from Pauline Pleasance, [address].
– – –
WOULD YOU SAY THAT AGAIN, PLEASE?
“The temple of Demeter is at the southern extreme of the town’s sacred zone. In fact, it was devoted to Athena. This was verified by the recent unearthing of statuettes which bear the archaic Roman inscription ‘Minerva.'” (Z. Herbert, Barbarian in the Garden 1985 p. 24; Manchester, Carcanet Press Ltd.).
from Ideological Commentary 28, July 1987.
- PSI Circular Number Two (February 1979)
- PSI Circular Number One (January 1979)
- Joshua Feldman: Reconceptualising (systematic) Ideology in the Wake of Political Psychology
- George Walford and Ike Benjamin: The Sad Case of the SPGB
- Linda Sloane: Systematic Ideology and Identity / The Triangle of Society, Ideology and the Individual
- Their “Operation Utopia”
- George Orwell Letters to George Walford
- George Walford: The New Magic
- George Walford: Exploring Ideology
- George Walford: Sciences