George Walford: The Unteachables
In IC18 it was reported that questioning at a branch had elicited the admission that when the party says the capitalists perform no significant role in society it is speaking inaccurately; the capitalist class performs the highly significant function of exploiting the workers. The Socialist Standard for June 85 repeats this inaccuracy:
“The social role of the employer has become entirely redundant.”
And from the signature to the article it appears to emanate from the branch which made the admission. They are so committed to denying what they say that they even repeat statements which they have admitted to be inaccurate in order to do it.
from Ideological Commentary 19, July 1985.
- PSI Circular Number Two (February 1979)
- PSI Circular Number One (January 1979)
- Joshua Feldman: Reconceptualising (systematic) Ideology in the Wake of Political Psychology
- George Walford and Ike Benjamin: The Sad Case of the SPGB
- Linda Sloane: Systematic Ideology and Identity / The Triangle of Society, Ideology and the Individual
- Their “Operation Utopia”
- George Orwell Letters to George Walford
- George Walford: The New Magic
- George Walford: Exploring Ideology
- George Walford: Sciences