George Walford: Beyond Politics Advertisement (49)
An outline of systematic ideology
by George Walford
For subscribers to IC and members of the (A-)SPGB paperback price is £1.95
BEYOND POLITICS shows that the influence of ideology extends beyond political parties and movements. In all our purposeful activities, whether playing with the children, practising a trade or profession, fighting a war, cooking, shopping or fox-hunting, we follow a pattern set by one of the major ideologies.
These do not stand as it were side-by-side, and they do not simply conflict with each other; they form a system. Hence the name of the approach used in BEYOND POLITICS: systematic ideology.
“The clarity of Walford’s prose and the logic of his explanation of systematic ideology an excellent foundation for further exploration.”
(Thelma J.Shin, State University: of Arizona)
“(This) theory is one of the most important and interesting in its field… its solution to the point of view from which one discusses an ideology is embedded within the theory itself… written lucidly.”
(Zvi Lamm, Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
“The erudition leaves you gasping. The lucid, witty style is a delight in itself. And it makes you think, which is always a healthy exercise.”
(Freedom, Anarchist Fortnightly)
Calabria Press [address]
from Ideological Commentary 49, January 1991.
- PSI Circular Number Two (February 1979)
- PSI Circular Number One (January 1979)
- Joshua Feldman: Reconceptualising (systematic) Ideology in the Wake of Political Psychology
- George Walford and Ike Benjamin: The Sad Case of the SPGB
- Linda Sloane: Systematic Ideology and Identity / The Triangle of Society, Ideology and the Individual
- Their “Operation Utopia”
- George Orwell Letters to George Walford
- George Walford: The New Magic
- George Walford: Exploring Ideology
- George Walford: Sciences